Understanding and communicating the commercial potential of healthcare products and services
Market Modelers provides actionable insights into the drivers and inhibitors of commercial success through merging specialized market research with dynamic forecast models. We create world-class opportunity assessments to inform development, investment, and acquisition decisions.
Forecasts Supported by Research
Market Modelers conducts global market research with practitioners, patients, consumers, and stakeholders to understand the key drivers of adoption and market share. We dig deep to discover the environmental and behavioral factors that drive and inhibit purchasing and prescribing decisions.
We translate these research findings into forecast models. Models that reflect the complexities of the market through tested adoption and market share algorithms.
We create compelling and understandable reports that highlight the opportunities and risks of your commercial projects.
We can provide these services in a turnkey package or à la carte.
Market Research with a Mission
Our research studies are designed to produce actionable insights to maximize the performance of your investments.
Our research efforts start with understanding the business questions you need to answer. We will clarify how the study data collected will be used and what decisions will be supported by the findings. Example objectives include:
- Explore market needs, segments, and use cases
- Discover product requirements and prioritize feature sets
- Test concepts, messaging, artwork
- Assess maximum technology penetration
- Quantify the impact of key variables on adoption uptake
- Identify price and feature sensitivities
- Understand competitive market share potential
Experienced in Multiple Methodologies
After considering your resource and timing constraints, we will recommend the best-suited methodologies to achieve your objectives efficiently.
- Ethnographic studies (home, facility, or work sites)
- Simulated hands-on testing (individual, dyads, and triads)
- Focus groups (exploring and quantifying)
- Hybrid telephone and web-assisted in-depth interviews
- Content analysis of recorded interviews
- Factor analytics of subject and product traits
- Professional and consumer web-based studies
Exploration and Quantification
Do you want the richness of probing discussions with the reliable quantification of a well-designed survey?
Our efficient QualQuant research designs allow exploration of subjective experience and objective measurement within the same study. This allows us to blend the richness of exploratory discussions with the data reliability of a structured survey.
We apply QualQuant to in-depth and one-on-one interviews, dyads, and focus group research. We are equipped to conduct these studies globally in any language.
We translate complex market dynamics into usable, dynamic, and intuitive predictive models.
A forecast model must capture the salient market dynamics with fidelity. The assumptions and methodologies should be transparent, understandable, and clearly documented. The results need to hold up under the scrutiny of savvy executives, investors, and stakeholders.
Our models are flexible and reliable. They are built to immediately reflect the impact of changes to indications, launch dates, commercial spending, competitive landscape, and many other key variables.
Answering Business Critical Questions
What do you need to know?
- Impact of a six-month delay in product launch
- Value of an expedited reimbursement approval
- The upside of an awarded expanded indication
- Return on investment from an expansion of sales resources?
- Probability of a positive NPV from an investment?
We can conduct a wide range of performance and uncertainty analytics, including sensitivity and scenario analyses, decision trees, optimizations, and financial simulations to shed light on the upsides and downsides of your base case projections.
Representative Model Components
Each model is built specifically for your project from a plan developed with your team’s input. A representative model might include:
- Incidence/prevalence of targeted diseases or procedures
- Market segments and segment growth rates
- Eligibility exclusions including reimbursement
- Technology adoption and disruption
- Current and future competitive environments
- Sales and marketing prioritization and spend
- Price drivers and pressures
- Distribution, incentives, and rebates discounts
About Market Modelers
Market Modelers has been providing world-class opportunity assessments to healthcare companies since 2008.
We know the business of healthcare product investment and have decades of experience in adoption and market share modeling.
Every team member is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest levels of professional service and support.
Our clients include startups, investors, and the leading brands in medical devices, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, and biotech.
Roll over for more detail »
Allergy | Immunology
• Basophil activation testing
• Psoriatic arthritis
• Chronic pain
• Peripheral nerve stim
• Spinal blocks
• Epidural block
• Epidural blood patches
Bariatric Medicine | Surgery
• Gastric bypass procedure
• Gastric banding
• eStim for appetite suppression
• Gastric balloon implants
Cardiology | Electrophysiology
• Multi-generational adoption of stents
• Heart failure
• Fluid management
• Atrial fibrillation
• Renal denervation via ablation
• Carotid body modulation
• Sympathetic mediated disease
• Circulating tumor cells
• Maternal fetal cells
• Point of care devices
• EGFR PCR systems
• Near patient testing
• Real time blood gas monitoring
• Novel diagnostics for IBS
• Rx impact of reagent change
• Clinical and lifestyle OTC diagnostics
• Pain management through stimulation
• Cardiac rhythm monitoring
• Congestion relief devices
• Respiratory assist devices
• Neuroendocrine tumors
• Somatostatin analogs
• Diabetes (I & II)
• Continuous glucose monitoring devices
• Implantable glucose sensors
• Celiac disease
• Testing for CD on gluten free diets
• Ulcerative colitis
• Crohn’s disease
• Irritable bowel syndrome
• H. Pylori POS diagnostic
• OTC celiac testing
Hematology | Oncology
• Hemophilia B
• Gene therapy via AAV-based vector
• CtDNA & tissue based biomarker testing
• Metastatic breast cancer
• Kinase inhibitors
• Nucleoside metabolic inhibitors
• Ventilator associated pneumonia
• Catheter related blood-stream infection
• Surgical site infection
• Skin antisepsis
Neurology | Psychiatry
• Oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy
• Traumatic brain injuries
• Parkinson’s disease
• Huntington’s disease
• Multiple sclerosis
• Cerebral vascular events
• Deep brain stimulation
• Cortical stimulation
• Nocturnal enuresis
• Urinary incontinence
• Biofeedback devices
Obstetrics | Gynecology
• Route and method of hysterectomy
• Endometrial ablation
• Wireless portable fetal heart monitor
• Hip and knee replacement rehabilitation
• Tendon injuries
• Chondral and osteochondral defects
• Microfracture procedures
• Lateral epicondylitis
• Plantar fasciitis
• Management of surgical bleeding
• Closed system transfer devices
• Hazardous drug spill detection
• Storage and transportation of stem cells
• Technology-assisted physical therapy
• Post joint surgery rehabilitation protocols
• Joint reimbursement
Product Portfolio Management
• Stage gate assessments
• Early stage commercial valuation
• Probability of launch assessments
• Launch timing uncertainty analysis
• R&D project risk adjustment
• Monte Carlo simulations
• Decision tree analysis
• Project prioritization
Respiratory | Pulmonology
• Respiratory insufficiency
• Long term supplemental oxygen therapy
• Tidal assist ventilation
• Non-invasive open ventilation
• Portable oxygen concentrators
• CPAP/BIPAP devices and interfaces
• Hypoglossal surgery
• Oscillatory device
• Self-report survey of OSA risk
• Device for clearing excess mucus
• Circadian rhythm disorders
• Lingual advancement devices
• Mandibular advancement devices
• Surgery for obstructive apnea
• Adhesion prevention
• Traumatic bleeding
• Tranexamic acid
• Fibrin based sealants
• Tissue closure devices
• Benign prostatic hyperplasia
• Prostate ablative approaches
• Lower urinary tract symptomatology
• Erectile dysfunction
• Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor
Vascular Access | Injections
• Peripheral IV catheters
• Global requirements
• Blood control
• Ported catheters
• Integrated needle sets
• Vascular access ergonomics
• Catheter flushing and maintenance
• Needleless connectors
• Catheter patency
• Optimal needle length offerings
• HEcon sell sheet for PIVC upgrade
• Venous, capillary and arterial draws
• IM and SC injection depth perception
• Virtual reality physician education
• EMR integrations
• Bedside patient education
• Method & schedule drug delivery
• Advanced blood collection devices
• Ultrasonic ablation for aesthetics
• Smart scenting device
Robert Ameo, Managing Director
Robert served in the corporate development group at Johnson & Johnson, evaluating new product and technology opportunities. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Miami in counseling psychology with a concentration in research methodology and statistics. Robert holds current professional memberships in the International Institute of Forecasters, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, and the Society for Consumer Psychology.
Nancy P. Bullock, Executive Director
Nancy has over 25 years of health tech experience, having led initiatives that span the entire commercial process, from discovery through launch. Her hallmark is championing and driving first-in-kind business processes, ventures, and disruptive healthcare solutions. Nancy has held strategy, M&A, and commercial leadership roles at Philips, Medtronic, and Johnson & Johnson, among other world-class brands. She achieved a B.S. in Biotechnology and MBA from Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI).
Shannon Maschmeier, Ops Director
Shannon is involved in all phases of our research projects, including planning, design, fieldwork, moderation, data analysis, and reporting. Shannon holds both an MBA from Webster University and an M.Ed. in Counseling from the University of Missouri.
Michael Kubica, Director of Modeling
Michael has extensive experience building predictive forecast models for pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostic, and consumer companies. He holds an MBA specializing in healthcare finance and economics and an MS degree in psychology, both from Nova Southeastern University.
David Sholehvar, Executive in Residence
David has 20+ years of general management and senior commercial experience in diagnostics and medical devices, including J&J, Quest Diagnostics, and as CEO of a global IVD company. He holds an MD from Thomas Jefferson University, attended the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center for his pathology residency, and earned a BS and an MBA from Pittsburgh.
Market Modelers’ offices are conveniently located in North Central New Jersey just 30 minutes west of Newark International Airport and 45 minutes from New York City.
30 Technology Drive, Suite 1
Warren, New Jersey 07059
30 Technology Drive South
Warren, New Jersey 07059
Copyright © 2021 Market Modelers, LLC